Cell Guidance Systems is based in Cambridge (UK), at the heart of one of the world's most exciting biotech regions. We develop medical research tools and technologies that expand the possibilities of life science research and medicine. Established in 2010, our growing success has been achieved by working closely with many researchers from around the world (including Japan, USA, Netherlands, Italy, Singapore, and the UK) to develop truly innovative products that address unmet needs. Many of our products are groundbreaking: For example, ETS-embryo medium (developed in the lab of Prof Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz at Cambridge University) enables the production of "artificial embryos" from stem cells. Another of our technologies, PODS™ (developed in the lab of Prof Hajime Mori at Kyoto Institute of Technology) is overcoming stability issues of many proteins, offering new possibilities in research and hope for new therapies.
Our most innovative products include:
- Pluripro® media - for human pluripotent cell maintenance
- IVC Medium - for maintaining blastocysts
- ETS-Embryo medium - for establishment of "artificial" embryos
- PODS™ growth factors - a depot technology which expands the flexibility of these important molecules
- Microvesicle research - products to purify, track, assay and measure exosomes
- SINEUP™ - a unique technology that increases protein levels by increasing efficiency of translation
We also produce and/or supply:
- Growth factors - with over 200 to choose from including many that are animal-free
- Small molecules - a targeted offering for stem cell research
- Matrigen Softwell® products (in Europe only) - reliable, defined surface elasticity for 2D cell culture
In addition, we offer the following services:
- Karyotyping and array genomic hybridization - for monitoring genomic integrity
- Custom cell culture media production
- Custom PODS™ protein production
- Exosome NTA assays
- SINEUP™ construction
As well as providing reagents and research services, we are involved in several areas of therapeutic research based on the PODS™ technology. We are collaborating with researchers and companies in the UK, USA, Italy and Japan to develop vaccines and therapeutics for a variety of diseases. More details and updates on our progress can be found in our technology and news pages.
Research is often expensive and budgets limited. We understand the importance of offering value for money across our product range. Timely and effective communication with our customers is important to us. We strive for the highest levels of service in all our interactions with customers and in our business dealings. The pursuit of quality drives everything we do, from the components we use, the manufacturing process and the final preparation and packaging of the product. We employ rigorous quality control to ensure products function effectively. We're here to help you in your quest to discover the unknown, understand the complex, and heal the diseases and medical conditions that affect us all.