Cell Guidance Systems is based in Cambridge, UK. We are part of one of the most exciting biotech regions in the world. Our growing success, since our establishment in 2010, has been achieved by working with a wide range of academic and commercial researchers to bring innovations from groups around the world (including Japan, USA, Netherlands, Italy, Singapore and the UK) to develop products that address unmet needs. We provide new tools that expand the possibilities of life science research. Many of our products are truly groundbreaking: For example, ETS-embryo medium (developed in the lab of Prof Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz at Cambridge University) enables the production of artificial embryos from stem cells. PODS™ (developed in the lab of Prof Hajime Mori at Kyoto Institute of Technology) is overcoming the limited stability of many proteins, offering hope for new therapies.
Our most innovative products include:
- Pluripro® media - for human pluripotent cell maintenance
- IVC Medium - for maintaining blastocysts
- ETS-Embryo medium - for establishment of "artificial" embryos
- PODS™ growth factors - a depot technology which expands the flexibility of these important molecules
- Microvesicle research - products to purify, track, assay and measure exosomes
- SINEUP™ - a unique technology that increases protein levels by increasing efficiency of translation
We also produce and/or supply:
- Growth factors - with over 200 to choose from including many animal-free
- Small molecules - a targeted offering for stem cell research
- Matrigen Softwell® products (in Europe only)
In addition, we offer the following services:
- Karyotyping - for monitoring genomic integrity
Custom media production - offering real value
- PODS™ protein production
- Exosome NTA assays
- SINEUP™ construction
As well as providing reagents and research services, we are involved in several areas of therapeutic research based on the PODS™ technology. We are collaborating with researchers and companies in the UK, Italy and Japan to develop vaccines and therapeutics for a variety of diseases. More details and updates on our progress can be found in our technology and news pages.
The pursuit of quality drives everything we do, from the components we use, the manufacturing process and the final preparation and packaging of the product. We employ rigorous quality control to ensure products function effectively.
Research is often expensive and budgets limited. We understand the importance of offering value for money across our product range. Timely and effective communication with our customers is important to us. We strive for the highest levels of service in all our interactions with customers and in our business dealings.
We're here to help you on your quest to discover the unknown, understand the complex, and heal the diseases and medical conditions that affect us all.