Cell Guidance Systems launches two new products!
LipoQ™ Lipid Quantification Assay
Cell Guidance Systems have developed LipoQ™ which enables simple, rapid detection of lipids in a variety of formats.
Based on the sulfo-phospo-vanillin method, LipoQ™ measures the lipid content of a wide variety of sample formats. Unsaturated fatty acids within a sample will react with phospho-vanillin to form a pink colored solution. The intensity of the pink colour formed is determined by the total lipid concentration within the sample, enabling a reliable colorimetric assay that can be read using a plate reader.
Each kit provides sufficient reagents to perform 100 tests, including standards.
Cell Guidance Systems is now offering a range of high-quality and well-characterized freeze-dried exosome samples from human cancer cell lines for research applications. The freeze dried exosomes are isolated using Exo-spin™ kits following a combination of precipitation and size exclusion chromatography (SEC).
Each batch of freeze-dried exosomes is quality tested and guaranteed to be of the highest standard. The exosome samples are characterized for:
- Expression of commonly expressed exosomal markers (CD9, CD63 and CD81) using the ExoLISA™ exosome detection assay. Each sample expresses of the commonly expressed exosomal markers CD9, CD63 and CD81. This also ensures that other surface proteins that are present should be detectable.
- Overall protein content using a BCA assay.
- Particle concentration and size distribution by nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA) using a Zetaview® instrument from Particle Metrix GmbH.
Exosome samples are available from widely used human cancer cell lines. Currently isolated exosomes are available from
- COLO205 a human colon carcinoma
- LnCAP a human prostate carcinoma
- A375 a human malignant melanoma