One position available as of 24th August 2018.
Cell Guidance Systems is a Cambridge-based biotechnology company. Our primary research focus is the development of PODS™, a protein delivery technology which increases the utility of a wide range of proteins with applications for disease therapy and vaccine production. We work in collaboration with universities and institutes in the UK and abroad to develop this technology. We also produce and sell a range of research products and services that allow scientists to achieve their research goals. These products, which include cell culture media, growth factors and purification kits, are sold globally via our website and through sales offices and distributors.
Work environment and conditions:
Cell Guidance Systems is located on the Babraham Research Campus, one of the most dynamic biotech locations in Europe, and host to more than fifty companies working in diverse areas of biomedical research. The Campus is close to Cambridge University, Addenbrookes Hospital and the adjacent Biomedical campus. We offer a stimulating, culturally diverse work environment, subsidised campus leisure facilities, generous leave allowance, flexible working hours and competitive salary. Interviews for this position will take place in August and the position is expected to commence by September.
Position1: Research Scientist
This is a varied and unique role which offers the successful individual significant potential for career advancement in a commercial setting.
CellGS produces reagents and kits for research, many of which have market leading positions in the fields of exosome research and regenerative medicine. Working in collaboration with CellGS scientists, the successful candidate will perform research using CellGS products to generate compelling research application data. Publication of research will be encouraged. The individual will also communicate their expertise and knowledge of the products with the wider scientific community via visits to research institutes, participation in conference and direct calls and attendance at national and international meetings.
Location of Role:
The role will be based at CellGS’ headquarters in Cambridge, UK, but significant global travel will be expected.
- Works in the lab developing product applications and writing reports.
- Collaborates with Cell Guidance Systems scientists and external scientists to develop new applications for existing products.
- Provides technical support so that researcher needs are well understood and appropriate product solutions are suggested and then clearly communicated.
- Able to effectively answer customer’s technical questions.
- Comfortable and confident interacting with senior scientists and lab heads.
- Reviews and keeps up to date with existing technologies, scientific literature and competition.
- Looks for new opportunities where emerging CellGS technology may be implemented.
- Informs the local Commercial personnel on the evolution of the status of potential opportunities, as well as competition and customer perception of CellGS technology.
- Communicates with R&D, regarding new product specifications, to ensure new products are designed with customer’s needs in mind.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific publications and professional journals.
- Ability to write (scientific reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals) clearly and compellingly.
- Dynamic personality with excellent people skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
The candidate will have a biological or biomedical related PhD (or Masters and equivalent research experience) and they must have proven technical expertise, with a strong record of publication in their area of research. The successful candidate will be dynamic, collaborative, adaptive, self-motivated, proactive and passionate about developing scientific concepts and technologies. They will have strong documentation, oral and interpersonal skills, show attention to detail, and have an analytical, methodical mind.
The person is expected to spend at least half of their time interacting with scientists outside the lab through visits, conference calls and attendance at meetings. The position will report directly to the head of the Commercial Team with a dotted line report to the Research Director.
How to Apply
To apply for either job contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should indicate which job they are interested in and are requested to submit a covering letter, CV, and contact details of two referees.