The leading and reliable service for karyotype analysis for researchers
Please follow the instructions for preparing live and fixed shipments, respectively. Include the following statements on the Customs Invoice: "The packed material is classified as 'not restricted'. The material will be used for laboratory research only. The material contains no pharmaceutical properties."
Karyotype analysis is a cytogenetic test that enables the identification of numerical and structural chromosomal abnormalities. Using conventional Giemsa staining techniques, condensed chromosomes are G-banded for observation. Chromosomes are subsequently grouped according to their size, centromere position and banding pattern, and any potential aberrations are identified.
This service is for research use only, and so clinical samples are not accepted.
To support academic researchers, we are offering an exclusive academic service option. Contact us for more information.
- Human - Mouse
Number of cells analyzed:
- 20 cells analyzed per sample - 1 cell analyzed per cancer/highly abnormal sample
- Fixed Express samples - Up to 5 business days (human only)* - contact us to check availability before ordering
- Live Express samples - Up to 7 business days (human only)* - contact us to check availability before ordering
- Standard samples - 10-15 business days (human or mouse)*
*Please note that reporting times may vary depending on the number of samples we are processing
The service results consist of a descriptive report and at least one high-quality image of a representative karyotype.
We accept 2 types of samples in our laboratories:
- Live cells: cells arrive in culture in a T25 flask (available for UK and Europe only) - Fixed cells: cells arrive fixed in a 2 mL screwcap tube
Please do not send any samples without booking in advance
We are able to process both BSL1 and BSL2 samples. In order to accept and process live cells classed as BSL2, we require evidence of the below screening*:
• Confirmation via PCR or equivalent test that the sample material is free of human pathogens (HBV, HCV, HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV I/II, CMV, EBV, HSV-1, HSV-2) from a CLIA-certified lab. • Confirmation via PCR or equivalent that the sample is free of mycoplasma.
*This screening is not necessary for the receipt of fixed samples.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will respond within one business day.