We are not experiencing any issues receiving karyotype samples from abroad. When preparing a shipment, please include the following statements on the Customs Invoice: "The packed material is classified as 'not restricted'. The material will be used for laboratory research only. The material contains no pharmaceutical properties."
Our cytogenetics services are continuing to run as normal throughout lockdown. If you would like to request further information on these services, then please contact email@example.com
Karyotype analysis is a cytogenetic test that enables the identification of numerical and structural chromosomal abnormalities. Using conventional Giemsa staining techniques, condensed chromosomes are G-banded for observation. Chromosomes are subsequently grouped according to their size, centromere position and banding pattern, and any potential aberrations are identified.
Use Karyotype analysis to detect:
Choose Cell Guidance Systems for:
Standard service format
This service is for research use only, and so clinical samples are not accepted.
- Human - Mouse
Number of cells analyzed:
- 20 cells analyzed per sample - 1 cell analyzed per cancer/highly abnormal sample
- 7 business days Express samples (human only) - contacts us to check availability before ordering
- 15-17 business days for human samples* - 20-22 business days for mouse samples*
*Please note that reporting times may vary depending on the number of samples we are processing
The service results consist of a descriptive report and at least one high-quality image of a representative karyotype.
We accept 2 types of samples in our laboratories:
- Live cells: cells arrive in culture in a T25 flask (available for UK and Europe only) - Fixed cells: cells arrive fixed in a 2 mL screwcap tube
Please do not send any samples without booking in advance
We are able to process both BSL1 and BSL2 samples. In order to accept and process live cells classed as BSL2, we require evidence of the below screening*:
• Confirmation via PCR or equivalent test that the sample material is free of human pathogens (HBV, HCV, HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV I/II, CMV, EBV, HSV-1, HSV-2) from a CLIA-certified lab. • Confirmation via PCR or equivalent that the sample is free of mycoplasma.
*This screening is not necessary for the receipt of fixed samples.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within one business day.