Karyotype Service for Human Cells
The service results consist of a descriptive report and at least one high-quality image of a representative karyotype.
For all services, we aim to provide karyotype analysis of 20 G-banded metaphase spreads from a single-cell culture sample. However, if fewer than 20 cells are found in the sample provided, as many cells as possible will be analyzed.
For complex mosaic karyotypes, fewer than 20 cells may be analyzed and additional karyogram images will be provided in the report. Please note that for cancer cells and in any cases where very complex, unstable karyotypes are observed, the analysis consists only of a full karyotype for a single cell. If further analysis is required, additional charges will apply.
The results are returned by email within 15–17 business days for human samples. Please note that lead times can be longer during busier periods. If this applies to your order, our team will keep you updated.
Types of service
There are three options available:
- Karyotype service from fixed human cells – cells processed and fixed in the researchers’ laboratories. A complete, detailed protocol is provided.
- Karyotype service from live human cells, BSL1 – we receive live cells in culture, which we process in our laboratories.
- Karyotype service from live human cells, BSL2 – we receive live cells in culture, which we process in our laboratories. A risk assessment is created by our team, so an extra questionnaire is provided.
In order to accept and process live cells that are classed as BSL2, we require evidence of the following:
- Confirmation via PCR or equivalent test that the sample material is free of human pathogens (HBV, HCV, HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV I/II, CMV, EBV, HSV-1, HSV-2) from a CLIA-certified lab.
- Confirmation via PCR or equivalent that the sample is free of mycoplasma.
This screening is not necessary for the receipt of fixed samples.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will respond within one business day.
Please do not send any samples without notice.