Karyotype service for live cells
This schedule is for reference only. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule sample arrival.
We are able to process both BSL1 and BSL2 samples. In order to accept and process live cells classed as BSL2, we require evidence of the below screening:
• Confirmation via PCR or equivalent test that the sample material is free of human pathogens (HBV, HCV, HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV I/II, CMV, EBV, HSV-1, HSV-2) from a CLIA-certified lab.
• Confirmation via PCR or equivalent that the sample is free of mycoplasma.
Samples received without evidence of screening will be disposed of on arrival
Live cell requirements
Please strictly adhere to the following requirements for live samples:
- Cells are shipped at room temperature
- Shipment flasks are full to the brim with cell culture media (approximately 60 ml for a T25 flask)
- Flasks are shipped with solid, leakproof caps attached
- Additional flasks with filter caps are provided (1 per sample)
- Enough additional cell culture media is supplied in order to allow for sufficient media changes (20 ml per flask)
- Samples should be shipped to arrive at Cell Guidance Systems’ laboratories, two days prior to reaching 100% confluency. Samples should be in log phase at the time of fixing
- Samples should be in transit for no more than 24 hours, and reach us on a Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest
- Please do not send any samples without booking in advance
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will respond within one business day.