Cell Culture Media
Cell Guidance Systems offers a range of Embryonic media for maintaining embryonic cells and the LiveLight™ media and supplements for protecting cells from the harmful effects of light.
Embryonic media products include:
- Pluripro® allows the easy maintenance of human pluripotent stem cells in a monolayer. Once established, this provides effortless, routine maintenance of hESC and hiPS cells
- IVC media allow the maintenance of mammalian embryos well beyond the implantation stage and has enabled a significant increase in our knowledge of human development
- ETS-Embryo medium enables the production of synthetic "artificial" embryos from trophoblast and embryonic stem cells
Our second area of focus is media that allow cell survival in light. Some components of many commonly used media, such as DMEM and Neurobasal media, convert to free radicals when exposed to light. These are toxic to cells, killing them even as they are being studied leading to poor quality data, experimental failure and misinterpretation. LiveLight™ media are low-autofluorescence media which enable markedly improved survival of cells. Early adopting labs using LiveLight are reporting striking differences in their data sets. Livelight™ media provide replacement for DMEM, Neurobasal® medium, and B-27®.
- MEMO® replaces DMEM
- NEUMO® replaces Neurobasal®
- SOS® replaces B-27® supplement