Poly-D-Lysine (0.1 mg/ml), 5 mg
Poly-D-Lysine is a synthetic amino acid chain that is positively charged. The molecular weight of Poly-D-Lysine can vary significantly with lower molecular weight (30,000 Da) being less viscous and higher molecular weight (>300,000 Da) having more binding sites per molecule. This product's molecular weight ranges from 70,000 to 150,000 Da yielding a solution viscosity for easy handling while providing sufficient binding sites for cell attachment.
ApplicationsPoly-D-Lysine enhances cell binding to polystyrene surfaces for certain cell-based assays and procedures.
|Molecular Weight||70 - 150 kDa|
|pH||7.0 - 7.6|
|Cell Attachment Assay||Pass|
|Storage and Stability||4°C|
Instructions for Use
Note: Use these recommendations as guidelines to determine the optimal coating conditions for your culture system. To maintain sterility, perform all operations in a laminar flow hood.
1. A typical working concentration is 0.1 mg/ml. If a different concentration is desired, transfer desired volume of solution from the bottle to a dilution vessel. Dilute to desired concentration using tissue culture grade water or PBS.
2. Add appropriate amount of diluted material to culture surface. Typically, 1 ml per 25 cm2 is used. Rock gently to ensure uniform coating of culture surface.
3. After 5 minutes, remove excess solution by aspiration.
4. Thoroughly rinse surface with tissue culture grade water.
5. Incubate and allow to dry at room temperature or 37°C, covered, for at least 2 hours.
6. Introduce medium and cells to the culture surface.
7. Store remaining Poly-D-Lysine at 2 - 10°C.